Full Professor at the Computer Science Department, University of Torino
Head of the Parallel Computing group
Corso Svizzera 185, 10149 Torino, Italy
Phone: +39 0116706852
E-mail: aldinuc AT di.unito.it
Marco Aldinucci Marco Aldinucci is a full professor and the P.I. of the Parallel Computing research group at the University of Torino. He received his PhD from the University of Pisa (2003), and he has been a researcher at the Italian National Research Council (CNR). He is the author of over 120+ scientific articles (see Google scholar). He is the recipient of the HPC Advisory Council University Award 2011, the NVidia Research award 2013, and the IBM Faculty Award 2015. He has participated in over 15 EU-funded research projects on parallel and cloud and high-performance computing attracting over 6M€ of research funds to the University of Torino. He is the director of HPC4AI laboratory and vice-president of the C3S@UNITO competency centre. He is a member of the Governing Board of the EuroHPC Joint Undertaking. He a co-designer of the FastFlow programming framework and several other programming frameworks and libraries for parallel computing.
- Languages and run-time systems for parallel computing. Parallel programming models or multicomputer, multicores and accelerators
- Tools and system software for HOC: Workflows for hybrid HPC-cloud, storage
- Cloud Engineering, virtualization, containerization (OpenStack, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Distributed computing: distributed and federated deep learning
- Foundational aspects of parallel processing
- Research papers (also see DBLP, Google Scholar, Arnetminer, Scopus)
- Program Committees and Editorial activity
- Keynote and invited talks
-  Coordinator of the CLAIRE Covid-19 task force on “AI and medical images”.
-  Member of the scientific advisory board of CSI PIedmont as a delegate of the University of Torino.
-  I am now a full professor at the Computer Science Department of the University of Torino. The first full professor INF/01 hired at UNITO in the habilitation turn 2016-2018.
-  Member of the Hyperion Research “HPC Technical Computing Advisory Panel”.
-  Dissemination Manager of the 14.8M€ DeepHealth project.
-  National delegate (Italy) at the EuroHPC governing board, EuroHPC Joint Undertaking.
-  Member of the Scientific Committee of the “Industry4.0” master programme at the University of Torino.
-  Member of Steering Committee of Euro-Par conference series
-  I am representative of the University of Turin in the working group of the city of Turin on “free software and open data”.
-  Coordinator of HPC4AI 4.5M€ project (The Turin’s High-Performance Computing for Artificial Intelligence Centre). HPC4AI ranked first at the INFRA_P Regione Piemonte 2017 call.
-  Member of the supervisory board of doctoral programme in Modelling and Data Science
More achievements [2011-2017]