Full Professor & Head of the Parallel Computing group at the Computer Science Department of the University of Torino
Director of the HPC Key Technologies and Tools (HPC-KTT) national lab of the Italian National Consortium for Informatics (CINI)
Marco Aldinucci is a full professor and P.I. of the Parallel Computing research group at the University of Torino. He received his PhD from the University of Pisa (2003) and has been a researcher at the Italian National Research Council (CNR). He authored over 150+ scientific articles (see Google scholar). He received the HPC Advisory Council University Award 2011, the NVidia Research Award 2013, the IBM Faculty Award 2015, and the Autodesk Award 2021. He is a research fellow at Links Foundation. He has participated in over 15 EU-funded research projects on parallel and cloud and high-performance computing attracting over 10M€ of research funds to the University of Torino. He has been the Italian delegate on the Governing Board of the EuroHPC Joint Undertaking (2018-2021), where he is now part of the Research and Innovation Advisory board (RIAG). He has led the design of the HPC4AI laboratory. He is the founding director of the CINI HPC Key Technologies and Tools national laboratory (2020), gathering researchers from 38 Italian Universities. He is co-leading FutureHPC, the technological spoke of the Italian National Centre on HPC (ICSC), where he incepted the Software & Integration national laboratory (2023). He co-designed the FastFlow programming framework and several other libraries for parallel computing.
- Languages and run-time systems for parallel computing. Parallel programming models or multicomputer, multicores and accelerators
- Tools and system software for HPC: Workflows for hybrid HPC-cloud, high-performance storage
- Cloud Engineering, virtualization, containerization (OpenStack, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Distributed computing: distributed and federated deep learning
- Foundational aspects of parallel processing
- Research papers (also see DBLP, Google Scholar, Arnetminer, Scopus)
- Program Committees and Editorial activity
- Keynote and invited talks
-  The new Software & Integration living lab (I’m leading) of National center in HPC at UNITO is up and running!
-  Streamflow workflow management system and OpenDeepHealth PaaS have been selected by EU Innovation Radar.
-  Coordinator of the OpenScience working group at the University of Torino
-  Member of the ISCRA peer-review evaluation panel at CINECA
-  Lectio Magistralis at the finals of the Italian Olympic Games of Computer Science 2022
-  Co-leader of the FutureHPC spoke of the National Center on HPC (ICSC)
-  Research fellow of the Links Foundation
-  Member of the governing board (consulta consortile) of CINECA
-  Italian member of the Research and Innovation Advisory Board (RIAG) of the EuroHPC Joint Undertaking
-  Delegate of the University of Turin in ICDI and EOSC
-  Delegate of the University of Turin in Gaia-X aisbl
-  Member of National Habilitation Committee (ASN) for Computer Science (01/B1)
-  Founding director of the new HPC Key Technologies and Tools national laboratory of the National Interuniversity Consortium for Informatics (CINI).
- [2020-21] Coordinator of the CLAIRE Covid-19 task force on “AI and medical images”.
- [2019-now] Member of the scientific advisory board of CSI PIedmont as a delegate of the University of Torino.
-  I am now a full professor at the Computer Science Department of the University of Torino. The first full professor INF/01 hired at UNITO in the habilitation turn 2016-2018.
-  Member of the Hyperion Research “HPC Technical Computing Advisory Panel”.
-  Dissemination Manager of the 14.8M€ DeepHealth project.
- [2018-21] National delegate (Italy) at the EuroHPC governing board, EuroHPC Joint Undertaking.
- [2018-21] Member of the Scientific Committee of the “Industry4.0” master program at the University of Torino.
-  Member of Steering Committee of Euro-Par conference series
- [2018-21] I am a representative of the University of Turin in the working group of the city of Turin on “free software and open data”.
- [2018-21] Coordinator of HPC4AI 4.5M€ project (The Turin’s High-Performance Computing for Artificial Intelligence Centre). HPC4AI ranked first at the INFRA_P Regione Piemonte 2017 call.
-  Member of the supervisory board of the Ph.D. school in Modelling and Data Science