- OptiBike (EU I4MS): Robust Lightweight Composite Bicycle design and optimization, an experiment of EU i4MS Fortissimo2 project (2017, 24 months, total cost 230K €).
- Rephrase (EC-RIA, H2020, ICT-2014-1): Refactoring Parallel Heterogeneous Resource-Aware Applications – a Software Engineering Approach (2015, 36 months, total cost 3.5M €).
- NESUS (EC-COST Action IC1305): Network for Sustainable Ultrascale Computing (2014, 48 months).
- DIMA-HUB (EU I4MS): Regional Digital Manufacturing Innovation Hub (2016, 6 months).
- REPARA (EC-STREP, 7th FP): Reengineering and Enabling Performance And poweR of Applications (2013, 36 months, total cost 3.5M €).
- CINA (MIUR PRIN): Compositionality, Interaction, Negotiation, Autonomicity for the future ICT society (2013, 36 months).
- BETTY (EC-COST Action1201): Behavioural Types for Reliable Large-Scale Software Systems. (2012, 48 months).
- ParaPhrase (EC-STREP, 7th FP): Parallel Patterns for Adaptive Heterogeneous Multicore Systems (2011, 42 months, total cost 4.2M €).
- SALT (founded by Compagnia di San Paolo): Self-adaptive, Autonomic, Light Types (2013-2015).
- IMPACT (founded by Compagnia di San Paolo): Innovative Methods for Particle Colliders at the Terascale (2012, 36 months).
- ASCENS (EC-IP, 7th FP): autonomic service-component ensembles (2010, 48 months, associate member).
- IPODS (MIUR PRIN): Interacting Processes in Open-ended Distributed Systems (2009, 24 months).
- BioBITs (founded by Regione Piemonte): Developing white and green biotechnologies by converging platforms from biology and information technology towards metagenomics (2009, 36 months).
- MyMED (EC Italy-France cooperation (Alpi)): myMed: a transnational computer network for content sharing on desktop and mobile clients (2010, 36 months).
FoVeOOS (EC-COST Action0701): Formal Verification of Object-Oriented Software (2008, 48 months).
INSYEME (Italian MIUR, FIRB): Integrated System for Emergency (2007, 36 months).
FRIMP (founded by Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Pisa): Design of a development framework for Network Processors. (2007, 36 months).
GridComp (EC-STREP, 6th FP): the main goal is the design and implementation of a component based framework suitable to support the development of efficient grid applications. The framework will implement a kind of “invisible grid” concept as it will properly abstract all those specific grid related implementation details that usually require high programming efforts to be dealt with (2006, 30 months).
SFIDA (Italian MIUR, FAR-ICT): Information Science Solutions for Supply-Chains, Districts and Associations of Small and Medium Enterprises. Partners: TXT e-solutions S.p.A., Consorzio Milano Ricerche, Università LUISS (2006, 30 months).
VirtuaLinux (founded by Eurotech SpA): Virtualized high-density clusters with no single point of failure (2006, 6 months).
CoreGrid (EC-Network of Excellence, 6th FP): Foundations, Software Infrastructures and Applications for large scale distributed, Grid and Peer-to-Peer Technologies. Partners: 42 european reserach istitutes (2004, 4 years).
BEinGRID (EC-IP, 6th FP): “The Grid infrastructure for the Retail Management Experiment”. BEinGRID exploits European Grid middleware by creating a toolset repository of Grid services from across the Grid research domain and to use these services to deliver a set of successful business experiments that stimulate the early adoption of Grid technologies across the European Union. Partnes: Atos Origin, TXT e-solutions S.p.A., Università di Pisa (2006, 18 months).
GridCoord (EC-Special Action, 6th FP): “ERA Pilot on Co-ordinated Europe-wide initiative in Grid Research”. Partners: 12 european reserach istitutes (2005, 18 months).
Grid.it (Italian MIUR, FIRB): Piattaforme abilitanti per griglie computazionali ad elevate prestazioni orientate a organizzazioni virtuali scalabili. Partners: CNR (ISTI, ISTM, ICAR), INFN, CNIT, ASI (2003, 4 years).
MOPROSCO Pisa-ParisVII/INRIA (INRIA, France): Functional programming and scientific computing (2005, 2 years).
Galileo Pisa- ParisVI: Italy-France researchers exchange programme (2005, 2 years).
Vigoni Pisa- Berlin/Muenster: Italy-Germany researchers exchange programme (2003, 2 years)
SAIB (Italian MIUR, Industrial Reserach): Internet-based Banking. Partner: Athos Origin (2001, 3.5 years).
Progetti strategici legge 449/97 anno 2000 (Italian MIUR): High-performance Components for Data/Web Mining and Search Engines (2003, 2 years).
Progetti strategici legge 449/97 anno 1999 (Italian MIUR-CNR): Grid Computing: E-science Enabling Technologies and Applications (2002, 2 years).
ASI-PQE 2000 (Italian MIUR): ASSIST design and development (2002, 2 years).
Vigoni Pisa-Passau: Italy-Germany researchers exchange programme (1998, 2 years)
MOSAICO (Italian MIUR, 40%): High-Performance Compunting on clusters of workstations(1996, 2 years).
PQE2000 (Italian CNR, ENA, INFN, Alenia Spazio): SkIE compiler design and development (1996, 4 years).
CNR Agenzia2000 (Italian MIUR-CNR): Design of an environment for parallel programming based on the structured parallelism paradigm.